Win: CWS Chris Sale - 2.0 IP, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 H, 0 BB, 2 K
Loss: ARI Patrick Corbin - 1.0 IP, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 H, 0 BB, 0 K
Save: TEX Joe Nathan
LF Domonic Brown - Brown went 0-for-1 with a strikeout on three pitchers against Toronto's Brett Cecil is his only at-bat in the game. He was on-deck when Pedro Alvarez popped up to end the game. Brown also had a ball go over his head in left field for a double.
SP Cliff Lee - Lee allowed one run on two hits while pitching the fifth inning of tonight's game.
- Yankees closer Mariano Rivera entered the game in the eighth inning to his famous "Enter Sandman" by Metallica. He was the only one on the field in a truly special moment in his final All-Star Game.
- Mike Trout led off the game for the American League with a double off of Mets pitcher Matt Harvey.
- Marlins 20 year old rookie Jose Fernandez pitched a perfect sixth inning with two strikeouts.
- Tigers 1B Prince Fielder hit a triple to lead-off the ninth inning. He only has 10 career triples.
- The American League had five extra-base hits while the National League had one.
- It was the first time in the 84 year history of the All-Star Game that there have been back-to-back shutouts.
- The MVP of the game was Mariano Rivera. Very appropriate.
The last time the American League won the All-Star Game in New York, the Phillies went on the win the World Series in five games over the Tampa Bay Rays. The Phillies are off until Friday when they kick off the second half against the Mets at Citi Field at 7:05 pm.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports