Final: Rangers 4 - Phillies 3
Losing Pitcher: Jonathan Papelbon (0-1) - 0.1 IP, 5 H, 3 ER, 3 R, 2 BB, 1 K
- Carlos Ruiz went 2-for-4 with a double, a walk and two runs scored. He was on base in each of his first three at bats and scored in his first two.
- Ryan Howard went 1-for-4 with a two-run home run in the third inning and two strikeouts.
- Howard is now 4-for-13 this season with two extra-base hits and seven strikeouts.
- Ruiz and Howard were the only Phillies who registered extra-base hits and Ben Revere, who went 0-for-5, was the only Phillie not to register a hit.
- It was Jonathan Papelbon's second appearance of the season and his first blown save.
- Texas scored three runs in the bottom of the ninth including walking home the winning run.
- The Rangers were charged with two errors while the Phillies were charged with three.
- Mitch Moreland went 2-for-4 with a triple in the seventh inning and a double in the bottom of the ninth with two runs scored, including the game-tying run in the ninth.
- Shin-Soo Choo 1-for-4 and walked in the winning run for the Rangers.
- Both the Phillies and Rangers left eight runners on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports