Final: Phillies 5 - Cardinals 4
Losing Pitcher: Adam Wainwright (15-8) - 6.0 IP, 6 H, 5 R, 4 ER, 3 BB, 2 K
Save: Jonathan Papelbon (31)
- Ben Revere had another great game at the plate going 3-for-4 with two runs scored.
- Ryan Howard was solid at the plate for the Phillies going 2-for-4 with two RBIs and a run scored.
- Carlos Ruiz had a multi-hit night going 2-for-4.
- Chase Utley drove in a run on a groundout.
- Marlon Byrd hit a sacrifice fly that tied the game.
- In addition to 6.1 innings on the mound, Kendrick also went 1-for-2 with a run scored.
- The Phillies went 2-for-11 with runners in scoring position and left five men on base.
- Matt Adams had a big blast in the third inning, a solo home run, and he also was on base with a walk.
- Matt Holliday ripped a two-run double and later scored a run.
- Matt Carpenter and Kolten Wong each went 2-for-4 with a run scored.
- Oscar Taveras went 1-for-4.
- The only other Cardinal to record a hit was starting pitcher Adam Wainwright, who went 1-for-2.
- The Cardinals went 1-for-4 with runners in scoring position and left four runners on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports