Final: Phillies 2 - Diamondbacks 0
Losing Pitcher: Brandon McCarthy (0-5) - 7.0 IP, 7 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 12 K
Save: Jonathan Papelbon (8)
- Chase Utley had a strong game going 2-for-4 with a double, an RBI and a run scored.
- Ben Revere went 2-for-4 with a run scored and his ninth stolen base of the season.
- Ryan Howard only saw eight pitches in his four at-bats but went 1-for-4 with a double.
- Marlon Byrd went 2-for-4.
- Cody Asche struggled at the plate going 0-for-4 with four strikeouts.
- It was the first time since April 4th a Phillies starter other than Cliff Lee earned a win.
- Philadelphia did not issue any walks in the game.
- The Phillies went 2-for-11 with runners in scoring position and left six men on base.
- Chris Owings was the only Diamondback with more than one hit going 2-for-3 with a triple.
- Gerardo Parra had Arizona's only other extra-base hit with a double as he went 1-for-4 with a strikeout.
- Aaron Hill was kept in check going 1-for-4 with a strikeout.
- Miguel Montero and A.J. Pollock both went 1-for-3.
- The Diamondbacks went 0-for-6 with runners in scoring position and left six runners on base.
The Phillies get back at it Tuesday against the Mets at 7:05 pm at Citizens Bank Park. Cole Hamels is slated to start for the Phillies.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports