Final: Padres 1 - Phillies 0
Losing Pitcher: Jerome Williams (5-7) - 7.2 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 6 K
- Marlon Byrd went 1-for-3 on the night.
- Domonic Brown was the only other Phillie to record a hit going 1-for-3 as well.
- Chase Utley went 0-for-2 with a walk and was the only other Phillies baserunner.
- As a team, Philadelphia only saw 92 total pitches in nine innings.
- The Phillies went 0-for-0 with runners in scoring position and left one man on base.
- Rene Rivera had a decent game going 1-for-3 with a double and the only run of the game.
- Jedd Gyorko went 1-for-3 with a walk.
- Yangervis Solarte was the only other Padre to record a hit going 1-for-4 at the top of the Padres order.
- Seth Smith was 0-for-3 with a walk.
- Andrew Cashner threw a complete game, shutout.
- The Padres went 0-for-5 with runners in scoring position and left six runners on base.
- The game lasted just 2:09.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports