Final: Angels 7 - Phillies 2
Losing Pitcher: Antonio Bastardo (5-6) - 0.1 IP, 4 H, 5 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 0 K
- Darin Ruf had the only multi-hit game for the Phillies going 2-for-3 on the night.
- Ryan Howard Was 1-for-3 on the night with a sacrifice fly to get the Phillies on the board.
- Marlon Byrd drove in a run with a single in the sixth inning but had a disastrous night in the field with a ground-rule double that he overran then a throwing error.
- Chase Utley went 1-for-3 with a walk and a run scored.
- Jimmy Rollins didn't record a hit but was on base twice thanks to two walks.
- Ben Revere recorded a hit and scored on Howard's sacrifice fly.
- Andres Blanco was the only other Phillie to record a hit.
- The Phillies went 2-for-5 with runners in scoring position and left seven men on base.
- Kole Calhoun got the Angels started in the sixth inning with his solo home run to get Los Angeles on the board. He capped off the sixth inning with an RBI single to make it 7-2 Angels.
- Overall, Calhoun was 3-for-4 with a home run and two RBIs on the night.
- Howie Kendrick had a good game for Los Angeles going 2-for-4 with an RBI and a run scored.
- David Freese was 1-for-3 on the night with an RBI double that scored two and he scored a run himself.
- Collin Cowgill went 1-for-2 with a double, an RBI and a run scored.
- Chris Iannetta drove in a run with an RBI single and later scored.
- Albert Pujols and Josh Hamilton both went 1-for-3 with a walk and a run scored.
- Mike Trout was surprisingly 0-for-4 with three strikeouts.
- The Angels went 6-for-9 with runners in scoring position and left five runners on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports