Final: Rangers 2 - Flyers 1
Rangers Win Series 4-3
- Benoit Pouliot (NYR) - 1 G, 0 A, 2 SOG, Plus-1
- Henrik Lundqvist (NYR) - 1 GA, 26 Saves, .963 SV%
- Steve Mason (PHI) - 2 GA, 31 Saves, .939 SV%
- The two teams played a back-and-forth scoreless first period with momentum swinging between the two clubs.
- The Rangers struck first in the second period after a series of saves by Steve Mason, the Flyers could not clear the puck. Mats Zuccarello found Dan Carcillo on the weak-side and Carcillo put home the one-timer to make it 1-0 Rangers just 3:06 into the second.
- New York kept control of the game when Benoit Pouliot put the Rangers up 2-0 eight minutes later as it looked like they could run away with the game.
- The Flyers were lucky to only be trailing 2-0 beginning the third period and 4:32 into the frame, rookie winger Jason Akeson fired a shot that beat Henrik Lundqvist to make it a 2-1 game.
- Philadelphia woke up and made it an interesting third period as they kept the heat on the Rangers but it wasn't enough as their comeback bid fell short.
- The Flyers were 0-for-2 on the power play while the Rangers were 0-for-1 on the man-advantage.
- Philadelphia killed off 21 consecutive penalties dating back to Game 2.
- The Rangers out-shot the Flyers 33-27, including 18-5 in the second period.
- It marked the first time in six games the winning team out-shot the losing team.
- New York moves to 6-0 in Game 7s at home.
- It is the Flyers first Game 7 loss since Game 7 of the 2004 Eastern Conference Finals against the Tampa Bay Lightning snapping a three-game winning streak.
- The Rangers and Flyers alternated wins and losses through the entire series.
- Steve Mason made 31 saves and many of them spectacular to keep the Flyers in it until the very end.
- Claude Giroux led all Flyers in ice time at 23:16.
- Scott Hartnell led all Flyers with six shots on goal followed by Giroux's three. No other Flyer had more than two.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports