Phillies v. Mets
Place: 4th in NL East
Last 10: 6-4
- Carlos Ruiz was named the National League Player of the Week on Monday.
- Ruiz went 11-for-22 (.500) with one home run and seven RBIs last week. His seven RBIs were the most in the National League in that span.
- Cole Hamels is looking for his 100th career victory.
- After going 3-for-33, Ben Revere is 14-for-33 over his last seven games.
- The Phillies are 4-2 against the National League East this season.
Place: 2nd in NL East
Last 10: 6-4
- The Mets went 6-3 in Philadelphia in 2013 and 7-2 in 2012.
- New York has held the lead in 22 of their 25 games this season.
- The Mets have won six of their eight games and three of their last four series.
- New York has posted four shutouts this season which is third in the majors.
- The Mets get off to quick starts this season as they have posted 17 first inning runs.
1-2, 2.45 ERA, 1.13 WHIP
Niese, 27, allowed one run on six hits with two walks and three strikeouts in six innings of work last Wednesday against the Cardinals earning his first win of the season. In 15 career starts against the Phillies, Niese is 6-6 with a 3.13 ERA and a 1.21 WHIP. In eight career starts at Citizens Bank Park, he is 2-4 with a 4.50 ERA and a 1.44 WHIP.
0-1, 3.00 ERA, 1.17 WHIP
Hamels, 30, allowed two runs on six hits with one walk and five strikeouts over six innings while throwing just 86 pitches in his season debut last Wednesday against the Dodgers. He earned the loss. In 26 career starts against the Mets, Hamels is 7-13 with a 4.44 ERA and a 1.46 WHIP. In 120 starts at Citizens Bank Park, he is 51-39 with a 3.29 ERA and a 1.09 WHIP.