Yesterday's Scores: Sporting Kansas City 1, Union 1 (Sporting won on PKs 7-6) (U.S. Open Cup Championship); Phillies 7, Mets 5; Devils 4, Flyers 2
Today's Schedule: Mets @ Phillies - 12:05 PM (CSN / 1210 WPHT, 94 WIP)
Trip to Fort Lauderdale for Flyers @ Panthers - October 9th-12th - More information here.
union fall in penalty kicks to sporting kansas city
phils overcome five run first inning from mets, win 7-5
Also, the benches cleared!
Because of the chance of bad weather, today's Phillies game has been moved up from 7:05 PM to 12:05 PM. The Phillies will send out Jerad Eickhoff (2-3, 3.07 ERA), while we don't know who the Mets will send out. (RECAP)
a ton of eagles news
- LB Kiko Alonso will play again this season, but won't be available on Sunday against the Redskins. Rehab will be about a month.
- Darren Sproles won the NFC's Special Teams Player of the Week
- Injury report: Mychal Kendricks and Trey Burton were full participants, while DeMarco Murray, Taylor Hart, Josh Huff, Jason Peters, and Cedric Thornton were limited. Riley Cooper and Chris Maragos didn't practice. Also, DeSean Jackson looks to be out for Washington, although he really wants to play.
- If Hurricane Joaquin makes an impact Sunday, the NFL has a contingency plan ready. Joaquin currently a Category 3 Hurricane. Here's it's path:
flyers fall to devils in final home preseason game 4-2
Also, Danny Briere is looking for a job with the Flyers! (REPORT)
Finally, Chris Porter and Colin McDonald were sent down to Lehigh Valley to begin the season. Their roster is at 24, so without trading any of the players now, I'd say that Radko Gudas would probably get the nod over Brandon Manning if a defenseman is cut, while Scott Laughton and Ryan White would just make the cut over Chris VandeVelde if Dave Hakstol wants to cut a forward. There are currently 14 forwards and eight defensemen, along with the two goalies, so I would think that a defenseman is getting cut. (REPORT)
mikhail prokhorov can dribble really good
wizards went back in time to some weird jerseys, and decided to put sleeves on them too
here's clemson's hydration chart
orlando to give away free beer until 0-4 ucf wins a game
today in history
- 1795: Belgium is conquered by France.
- 1800: Spain cedes Louisiana to France via the Treaty of San Ildefonso.
- 1880: John Philip Sousa becomes leader of the United States Marine Band.
- 1890: Yosemite National Park is established by Congress.
- 1891: Stanford University opens.
- 1903: The Boston Americans play the Pittsburgh Pirates in the first game of the modern World Series.
- 1931: The George Washington Bridge opens, which links New Jersey and New York.
- 1940: The Pennsylvania Turnpike, often considered the first superhighway in the country, opens to traffic. Go drive on there today in celebration!
- 1958: NASA is created to replace NACA.
- 1962: The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson premieres.
- 1971: Walt Disney World opens near Orlando, Florida. Epcot opens 11 years later. Both are doing better than UCF football.
- 1979: Pope John Paul II begins his first papal visit to the U.S. He visited Philly, and the Eagles played the Redskins the week after his visit and won. Pope Francis visited last weekend, and the Eagles play Washington this weekend. Just saying.
- 1992: Cartoon Network begins broadcasting.
- President Jimmy Carter (91) - get better soon
- Julie Andrews (80)
- Rod Carew (70)
- Mark McGwire (52)
- Zach Galifianakis (46)
- Alexei Zhamnov (45)
- Denis Gauthier (39)
- Curtis Axel (36)
- Rudi Johnson (36)
- Matt Cain (31)