- Brayden Schenn scored both Flyers goals on the night. It was the seventh two-goal game of his career.
- The Flyers were 1-for-4 on the power play while the Blue Jackets went 2-for-4 on the man advantage.
- Blue Jackets winger Scott Hartnell scored his first goal against his former team.
- Columbus out-shot Philadelphia 24-21 but Philadelphia out-shot Columbus 10-7 in the third period and overtime.
- Schenn and Michael Raffl were tied for the Flyers team lead with four shots on goal.
- Mark Streit led all Flyers in ice time at 23:22 and Claude Giroux led all forwards at 22:35.
- The loss was the first of the year for the Flyers to occur during the overtime period. Their previous four overtime losses had come in a shootout.