Final: Braves 8 - Phillies 2
Losing Pitcher: Kyle Kendrick (4-10) - 5.0 IP, 5 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 2 BB, 1 K
- John Mayberry got the Phillies on the board in the second inning with his six home run of the year to put Philadelphia up 1-0.
- Marlon Byrd hit a solo home run in the ninth inning, his 19th of the year. Overall he was 2-for-4 on the day.
- Grady Sizemore continues to play well for the Phillies at the top of the order going 2-for-4.
- Koyie Hill had a good day at the plate going 2-for-4.
- Ben Revere (pinch-hit) and Dom Brown were the only other Phillies to record a hit.
- Cody Asche was 0-for-4 with four strikeouts.
- The Phillies went 1-for-6 with runners in scoring position and left six men on base.
- Tommy La Stella had a great game at the plate this afternoon going 2-for-4 with two doubles and three RBIs.
- The ever dangerous Justin Upton had a solid game for Atlanta going 2-for-2 with a double and two runs scored.
- Chris Johnson took Kyle Kendrick deep in the second inning to give the Braves a 2-1 lead.
- Freddie Freeman had a good game going 1-for-4 with an RBI and a run scored.
- Jason Heyward was 0-for-4 at the plate but walked in a run and scored one himself.
- The Braves went 3-for-11 with runners in scoring position and left nine runners on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports