Final-10: Diamondbacks 10 - Phillies 6
Losing Pitcher: Antonio Bastardo (4-4) - 1.0 IP, 3 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 0 K
- Chase Utley had a great game at the plate going 3-for-4 with a walk, a double and an RBI.
- Marlon Byrd continued to help his trade value blasting his 20th home run of the season. He is the fifth player in the National League to top the 20 home run mark.
- Cody Asche was 1-for-4 with a home run of his own, a walk and two RBIs.
- Carlos Ruiz continued his solid play in his return from the disabled list going 2-for-5 with two doubles and a run scored.
- Ryan Howard went 2-for-5 in his return from a three-game mental break hitting two singles and walking once.
- Jimmy Rollins went 2-for-6 with two doubles and an RBI.
- In addition to his five innings of work on the mound, Cliff Lee went 2-for-2 with a run scored and an RBI.
- For the second consecutive night, Antonio Bastardo allowed a pinch-hit home run. Tonight it was a three-run shot from Nick Evans in the top of the 10th inning to make it 10-6 Arizona.
- The Phillies went 4-for-17 with runners in scoring position and left 14 men on base.
- Martin Prado paced the Diamondbacks offense going 3-for-4 with a walk, a double, a home run and five RBIs.
- Former-Phillie Ender Inciarte went 2-for-3 with a double, an RBI and two runs scored.
- Mark Trumbo found his touch at the plate going 2-for-5 with an RBI.
- Didi Gregorious ripped a double and scored a run.
- Aaron Hill was just 1-for-3 on the night at the plate but scored two runs.
- Gerardo Parra put together a two-hit night.
- The Diamondbacks went 5-for-18 with runners in scoring position and left 10 runners on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports