Final-SO: Capitals 5 - Flyers 4
- Alex Ovechkin (WSH) - 2 G, 0 A, 0 SOG, 5 Hits
- Michael Raffl (PHI) - 0 G, 3 A, 1 SOG, Plus-2
- Dmitry Orlov (WSH) - 1 G, 0 A, 3 SOG, Plus-2
- Capitals struck first on Alex Ovechkin's power play goal midway through the first period.
- With just under a minute remaining in the first, Claude Giroux took a no-look pass from Michael Raffl and beat Philipp Grubauer to tie the game for the Flyers.
- In the second period, Mark Streit got his 300th career point in the NHL with his second goal of the season to give Philadelphia a 2-1 lead.
- It would become 3-1 when Sean Couturier netted his sixth of the season two minutes into the third period.
- The Flyers made it 4-1 less than a minute later when the Flyers goal, originally credited to Michael Raffl, was given to Jake Voracek.
- The Capitals didn't give up as Mike Green made is 4-2 with 8:40 remaining in the game.
- With 3:31 remaining, Dmitry Orlov scored his first of the season to make it 4-3.
- With the goal pulled, Ovechkin's wrist-shot from the slot with less than 50 seconds remaining tied the game for Washington.
- After a scoreless overtime, it went to a shootout where the Capitals scored on two of their three attempts while the Flyers only scored on one.
- Voracek's goal extended his point streak to four games.
- The Flyers are 1-3 in shootouts this season.
- Giroux has five points in his last three games.
- The Flyers went 0-for-4 on the power play while the Capitals went 1-for-5 on the man-advantage.
- Washington out-shot Philadelphia 16-8 in the third period and 33-28 overall.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports