Final - 12: Cardinals 6 - Phillies 5
Losing Pitcher: Ken Giles (2-1) - 1.1 IP, 1 H, 14 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 0 K
Save: Trevor Rosenthal (38)
- Carlos Ruiz had a good night at the plate going 2-for-5 with a double that drove in two runs and his fourth steal of the season.
- Ryan Howard went 1-for-2 with a walk and a solo home run before being lifted as Chase Utley replaced him at first base.
- Marlon Byrd had a decent night going 2-for-5 with two RBIs and a run scored.
- Jimmy Rollins put forth a strong effort going 2-for-6 with a run scored and two stolen bases.
- Utley was 1-for-6 with a run scored and his sixth stolen base of the season.
- The Phillies went 2-for-7 with runners in scoring position and left eight men on base.
- Matt Carpenter went 2-for-6 and drove in the go-ahead run in the 12th inning on a sacrifice fly.
- Kolten Wong also had a multi-hit night going 2-for-6 with a walk, a double and his 18th stolen base of the season.
- Jhonny Peralta's only hit of the night was a solo home run in the second inning.
- Matt Holliday was 1-for-5 with a walk, a double, an RBI and his third stolen base of the season.
- Oscar Taveras had a solid game going 2-for-3 with a walk and a run scored before being lifted as part of a double switch.
- In addition to six innings on the mound, Shelby Miller also went 1-for-2 at the plate with an RBI and a run scored.
- The Cardinals went 2-for-18 with runners in scoring position and left 15 runners on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports