FINAL: AMerican League 5 - National League 3
Losing Pitcher: Pat Neshek (STL) - 0.1 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
Save: Glen Perkins (MIN)
Chase Utley (PHI): Utley went 1-for-1 with an RBI-double in the second inning that scored Brewers third baseman Aramis Ramirez. Utley would later score on Jonathan Lucroy's RBI-double. In his second at-bat, Utley was hit by a pitch then Dodgers second baseman Dee Gordon came in to pinch-run for the Phillies second baseman. Gordon would score on Lucroy's second double of the game.
- Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter went 2-for-2 with a bloop single, a leadoff double and a run scored.
- It was Jeter's final All-Star Game as the Yankee great will retire at the end of the season.
- Angels centerfielder Mike Trout went 2-for-3 with a double, a triple, a run scored and two RBIs.
- Trout became just the second player in All-Star Game history with a double, triple and two or more RBIs in the same All-Star Game joining Cleveland Indians centerfielder Earli Averill, who accomplished the feat in 1934.
- Tigers first baseman Miguel Cabrera was 1-for-3 with a two-run home run in the first inning.
- Twins closer and Minnesota-native Glen Perkins got the save.
- The American League went 3-for-10 with runners in scoring position and left four men on base.
- Brewers catcher Jonathan Lucroy went 2-for-2 with two RBI-doubles.
- Pirates centerfielder Andrew McCutchen went 1-for-3 with an infield single and a stolen base.
- Brewers third baseman Aramis Ramirez was 2-for-3 with a double and a run scored.
- Rockies shortstop Troy Tulowitzki went 1-for-3 with a double.
- The National League went 1-for-11 with runners in scoring position and left seven runners on base.
- The American League has now won two straight All-Star Games.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports