Final: Phillies 9 - Brewers 1
Losing Pitcher: Matt Garza (6-6) - 7.2 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
- The Phillies didn't get their first baserunner until the fifth inning on a Marlon Byrd walk and didn't get their first hit until Jimmy Rollins' single in the seventh inning.
- Rollins was 2-for-4 on the day with a two-run single in the eighth inning to get the Phillies on the board. He also walked and scored two runs himself.
- Ryan Howard had a big game going 2-for-5 with a ground rule double in the eighth that scored Rollins and a two-run home run in the ninth inning.
- Cody Asche was 1-for-4 with a ground rule double in the eighth inning that scored two and he later scored himself.
- Domonic Brown hit a two-run single in the eighth inning.
- Ben Revere went 1-for-1 in the eighth inning despite coming on as a pinch-runner.
- The seven eight-inning runs were a season-high for Philadelphia and the most they've had since July 19th, 2013 against the Mets.
- It was the first four-game sweep of the Brewers since September 2008 at Citizens Bank Park.
- The Phillies went 4-for-9 with runners in scoring position and left five men on base.
- Carlos Gomez drove in the only Brewers run with his solo home run in the sixth inning.
- Aramis Ramirez and Khris Davis both went 1-for-3 on the day.
- Ryan Braun was the only other Brewer to record a hit going 1-for-4 with two strikeouts.
- Matt Garza didn't allow a hit until the seventh inning and he was pulled with two runners on base. Both runs charged to him were part of Will Smith's blown save.
- Smith allowed five runs on three hits with two walks and did not record an out in the eighth inning.
- Milwaukee had been 40-4 when leading after seven innings before today.
- The Brewers went 0-for-2 with runners in scoring position and left four runners on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports