Final: Phillies 4 - Braves 0
Losing Pitcher: Mike Minor (6-9) - 7.1 IP, 7 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 5 K
- Carlos Ruiz paced the Phillies offense tonight going 2-for-3 with an upper deck home run in the fifth inning and an RBI double in the eighth inning. He drove in two runs, scored once and walked once.
- Darin Ruf also had a multi-hit game going 2-for-4 with an RBI and a run scored.
- Maikel Franco was 0-for-3 but hit a sacrifice fly in the eighth inning for his first career RBI.
- Ben Revere went 2-for-5 with a run scored at the top of the Phillies order raising his average to .311.
- Revere also stole two bases to raise his steal total up to 42 on the season.
- In addition to seven shutout innings on the mound, Kendrick also went 1-for-2 at the plate.
- Both Ryan Howard and Freddy Galvis recorded singles on the night.
- It is the first time since August 2012 that the Phillies have posted back-to-back shutouts. Cole Hamels and Kyle Kendrick were the starting pitchers in those two shutouts as well.
- The Phillies went 2-for-9 with runners in scoring position and left seven men on base.
- Jason Heyward had a good game at the plate going 2-for-4 with a leadoff double in the first inning.
- Andrelton Simmons was the only other Brave to record a hit going 1-for-4.
- Freddie Freeman was 0-for-2 on the night but walked twice.
- Justin Upton left the game with a left triceps contusion.
- Atlanta has been held scoreless for the last 24 innings.
- The Braves went 0-for-6 with runners in scoring position and left five runners on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports