Win: Justin De Fratus (3-3) - 0.2 IP, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 H, 0 BB, 0 K
Loss: Tyson Ross (3-8) - 0.2 IP, 6 R, 6 ER, 5 H, 2 BB, 2 K
X-Factor: C Carlos Ruiz - The Phillies catcher has been on fire lately and Thursday night was no different. After the delay, Chooch came out white-hot going 3-for-3 with a double, two walks, three RBIs and a run scored. He also went 2-for-2 with runners in scoring position.
- SP Roy Halladay left the game after 4.1 innings allowing five runs (four earned) on four hits with five walks and six strikeouts. He left with the lead but didn't earn the win because he didn't pitch five innings.
- It was the second straight start in which Halladay had five walks.
- SS Jimmy Rollins went 2-for-3 with two walks, two runs scored, and a RBI.
- CF Cesar Hernandez went 3-for-4 with a double, two RBIs, two runs scored, and a walk.
- 1B Kevin Frandsen and LF Freddy Galvis each went 2-for-5 with a run scored.
- The Phillies went 5-for-11 with runners in scoring position and left 11 runners on base.
- The game was delayed 55 minutes in the beginning due to torrential downpours in South Philadelphia.
- Citizens Bank Park had a paid attendance less than 30,000 tonight and the second time this series.
The Phillies open up a three game series with the Nationals on Friday night at Nationals Park at 7:05 pm with Kyle Kendrick taking the mound.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports