Final - OT: Flyers 3 - Blackhawks 2
- Claude Giroux (PHI) - 1 G, 1 A, 4 SOG, Plus-3
- Scott Hartnell (PHI) - 2 G, 0 A, 5 SOG, Plus-2
- Duncan Keith (CHI) - 1 G, 0 A, 1 SOG, Plus-1
- The Blackhawks got on the board first after Brayden Schenn left a drop pass for Lecavalier but the veteran over-skated the puck. Patrick Sharp picked it up and drove hard to the Flyers net where the put went through the crease to Michal Handzus who had his shot blocked by Nicklas Grossmann but Andrew Shaw put home the rebound just 2:29 into the first period.
- Chicago added another less than a minute and a half later when Duncan Keith let a slap-shot go from the point and it simply beat Ray Emery, who was not screened on the play.
- Emery allowed two goals on the first four shots he faced.
- Scott Hartnell got the Flyers on the board two minutes later when his pass to Claude Giroux hit Marcus Kruger's skate and beat Antti Raanta to cut the lead to 2-1.
- After some hard work from Matt Read and Claude Giroux behind the Chicago net, Giroux emerged with the puck and fed Hartnell who beat Raanta on a gorgeous one-timer to tie the game at 2 with 3:33 remaining in the first period.
- After a scoreless second and third period, the Flyers and Blackhawks went to overtime. With under 10 seconds left in overtime, Mark Streit got the puck to Claude Giroux who carried the pck through the neutral zone and unleashed a wrist-shot that beat Raanta top-shelf with 4.2 seconds remaining.
- The Flyers out-shot the Blackhawks 37-25, including 17-7 in the third period and overtime.
- Giroux, with a goal and an assist tonight, has 71 points on the season and leads the NHL with 51 points since December 11th.
- The Flyers are 11-3-1 since February 1st.
- Philadelphia went 0-for-5 on the power play but Chicago went 0-for-3 on the man-advantage too.
- Giroux also played a season-high 27:00 tonight.
- The Flyers are 18-2-1 when Giroux scores a goal.
- Tonight marks the third consecutive game the Flyers were held scoreless in the third period.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports