Final: Phillies 2 - Braves 1
Losing Pitcher: Shae Simmons (1-1) - 0.2 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
Save: Jonathan Papelbon (23)
- Grady Sizemore had another strong game for the Phillies in the leadoff spot going 3-for-4 with a walk, a double and a run scored.
- Jimmy Rollins provided the Phillies offense for the night going 1-for-4 with a two-run home run.
- Marlon Byrd helped his trade value by going 2-for-4 on the night.
- Dom Brown also put forth a multi-hit effort going 2-for-4.
- In addition to seven strong innings on the mound, Cole Hamels also went 1-for-3 at the plate.
- The Phillies went 2-for-8 with runners in scoring position and left 10 men on base.
- Justin Upton provided a spark for the Braves going 1-for-4 with a double and a run scored.
- Chris Johnson was 1-for-3 on the night with an RBI double that scored Upton.
- Tommy La Stella's only hit of the night was a double in the fifth inning.
- The only other Brave to record a hit was B.J. Upton who went 1-for-4.
- The Braves went 1-for-4 with runners in scoring position and left three runners on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports