Final: Cubs 3 - Phillies 0
Losing Pitcher: A.J. Burnett (4-6) - 8.0 IP, 8 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 4 K
Save: Neil Ramirez (3)
- Jimmy Rollins continued to hit as he went 1-for-4 and extended his hitting streak to 10 games.
- Ben Revere had a decent game going 1-for-3 with a walk.
- The only other Phillie to record a hit was Cesar Hernandez who got a pinch-hit single in the eighth inning.
- A.J. Burnett threw just 104 pitches in eight innings.
- The Phillies went 0-for-6 with runners in scoring position and left six men on base.
- Starlin Castro had himself a game off of Burnett going 3-for-4 with a double, an RBI, a run scored and his second stolen of the season.
- Anthony Rizzo took Burnett deep after he needed just four pitches to retire the first two batters in the first inning. Rizzo went 1-for-4 on the night with his solo home run.
- Former-Phillie Nate Schierholtz ripped an RBI double in the sixth inning.
- Justin Ruggiano and Ryan Sweeney also recorded hits for Chicago.
- In addition to throwing eight shutout innings, Travis Wood also went 1-for-3 at the plate.
- The Cubs went 2-for-8 with runners in scoring position and left five runners on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports