Final: Marlins 3 - Phillies 2
Losing Pitcher: A.J. Burnett (5-7) - 7.0 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, 8 K
Save: Steve Cishek (18)
- Marlon Byrd paced the Phillies offense tonight with three hits going 3-for-4 with a run scored.
- Jimmy Rollins had a good game going 2-for-5 with a double.
- Chase Utley went 0-for-3 but drove home the Phillies first run of the game in the fifth inning with his sacrifice fly to deep center field with the bases loaded that scored Ben Revere.
- Domonic Brown drove in a run with his RBI single in the sixth inning.
- Brown made a crucial mistake in the fourth inning misjudging a ball in left field with two outs that allowed a run to score. Two more runs would score in the inning and that's all the Marlins would need.
- The Phillies went 2-for-11 with runners in scoring position and left eight men on base.
- Marcell Ozuna continued to torch Phillies pitching going 2-for-4 with a double, an RBI and a run scored.
- Jarrod Saltalamacchia put a good swing on a ball with an RBI double that scored two runs in the fourth inning to make it a 3-0 lead for the Marlins.
- Giancarlo Stanton had another decent game going 1-for-4 with a run scored.
- Casey McGehee was the only other Marlin to record a hit as he went 2-for-4 with a run scored.
- The Marlins went 2-for-7 with runners in scoring position and left five runners on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports