Final: Eagles 24 - Redskins 16
Passing: Nick Foles (PHI) - 17-for-26 (65.3%), 298 Yards, 0 TD, 0 INT
Rushing: Alfred Morris (WSH) - 22 CAR, 93 Yards, 0 TD
Receiving: DeSean Jackson (PHI) - 4 REC, 82 Yards, 0 TD
Barwin, 27, was everywhere for the Eagles on Sunday afternoon. On Sunday he knocked down a ball at the line of scrimmage and followed it up later in the first half with a sack and a forced fumble on Robert Griffin III that was recovered by Fletcher Cox. The first-year Eagle is certainly living up to the six-year, $36 million deal he signed in the offseason.
- Nick Foles had a strong game for the Eagles that included 298 yards through the air and 47 yards on nine rushes including a gritty rushing touchdown.
- The Redskins out-gained the Eagles 427-402 including 191 yards on the ground for Washington.
- DeMeco Ryans led all Eagles with seven total tackles including five solo tackles.
- The Eagles were whistled for nine penalties totaling 68 yards while Washington was only called for four penalties for 39 yards.
- LeSean McCoy went down with a hamstring injury late in the second quarter but came back in the second half to rush 20 times for 77 yards and two touchdowns on the day while catching four passes for 73 yards.
- Robert Griffin III was 17-for-35 (48.6%) for 264 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception.
- Brandon Boykin picked off Griffin in the end zone with just over 30 seconds remaining in the game.
- Eagles punter Donnie Jones unleashed a booming 70-yard punt to pin the Redskins at their own four yard line to begin their final drive.
- Trent Cole played great today with two sacks and three tackles for losses but left the game to get evaluated for a concussion due to a collision with safety Patrick Chung.
- The Eagles defense has held opponents to 21 points or fewer in seven straight games.
- The Eagles set a franchise record with their ninth game accumulating 400 yards of offense or more.
- The win snaps a 10-game losing streak at Lincoln Financial Field for the Eagles dating back to September 2012.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports