Final: Eagles 24 - Cowboys 22
Passing: Kyle Orton (DAL) - 30-for-46 (65.2%), 358 Yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs
Rushing: LeSean McCoy (PHI) - 27 CAR, 131 Yards, 1 TD (receiving)
Receiving: Jason Witten (DAL) - 12 REC, 135 Yards, 0 TD
This spot was for Mychal Kendricks if the Eagles won but the way Brandon Boykin won the game for the Eagles earns the spot for him. The Eagles cornerback came up big early in the game as the Cowboys were in the redzone and Kyle Orton threw a jump ball to Dez Bryant, who was in single coverage with Boykin. Boykin climbed the ladder to break up the pass and force a field goal. Boykin also ended the Cowboys comeback attempt with his interception of Orton with less than two minutes remaining to ice the win. He led the team with three passes defended.
- LeSean McCoy was crowned the NFL rushing champion prior to the game and proceeded to break the franchise single-season rushing record ending the year with 1,607 rushing yards.
- Nick Foles had a completion percentage of 65.3% compared to 65.2% for Kyle Orton.
- Foles had a fumble that was recovered by Dallas but threw for 263 yards and two touchdowns with no interceptions.
- No Eagles receiver had more than three receptions and Brent Celek led all Eagles receivers with 71 yards and a touchdown.
- Mychal Kendricks was a monster for the Eagles defense leading the team with 12 tackles and recorded the Eagles forced fumble on the Cowboys opening drive and had the first of Orton's two interceptions.
- The Cowboys got after Nick Foles with five sacks led by two apiece from DeVonte Holloman and Jason Hatcher.
- Eagles punter Donnie Jones had another big game with five punts averaging 47.4 yards per punt.
- Bryce Brown rushed only twice for 11 yards and the game-winning touchdown.
- Dez Bryant had a decent game for the Cowboys with eight receptions for 99 yards and a 32-yard touchdown that pulled Dallas within two points.
- The Eagles were penalized six times for 50 yards while the Cowboys were penalized only once on a delay of game which was a clock malfunction.
- Dallas out-gained the Eagles 417-366 but the Eagles won the ground attack 137-59.
- Time of possession was close as the Cowboys had the ball for 30:17 while the Eagles had it for 29:43.
- The Eagles won the turnover battle forcing three Dallas turnovers and committing just one.
The Eagles take on the New Orleans Saints on Saturday in the NFC Wild Card Round at Lincoln Financial Field at 8:00 pm. The game can be seen on NBC and you can hear Merrill Reese and Mike Quick call the game on the radio on 94.1 WIP.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports