Final: Angels 4 - Phillies 3
Losing Pitcher: Cliff Lee (3-4) - 7.0 IP, 6 H, 4 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 7 K
Save: Ernesto Frieri (5)
- Chase Utley went 1-for-3 with an RBI triple and a run scored.
- Dom Brown has a decent game for the Phillies going 1-for-3 with a double and a run scored while seeing a team-high 23 pitches at the plate.
- Ryan Howard went 1-for-3 with an RBI single and a walk.
- Ben Revere was the only other Phillies with a hit going 1-for-4 with a run scored.
- Cody Asche had a miserable night going 0-for-3 at the plate seeing just seven pitches and committing three errors in the field.
- Cliff Lee is the first Phillies pitcher since Bruce Chen on April 9, 2001 to not allow an earned run but allow four or more unearned runs.
- The Phillies went 1-for-2 with runners in scoring position and left four men on base.
- Collin Cowgill had a strong game for the Angels going 2-for-4 with a double, a walk and a run scored.
- Mike Trout went 1-for-5 in his debut in front of his hometown fans.
- Luis Jimenez broke a 2-2 tie in the sixth inning with his two-run double. He went 1-for-4 on the night.
- Grant Green plated his first RBI of the season with his sacrifice fly in the sixth inning. He was 1-for-3 on the night.
- The Angels scored all four of their runs in the sixth inning.
- The Angels went 1-for-9 with runners in scoring position and left eight runners on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports