Final: Flyers 5 - Capitals 2
- Jake Voracek (PHI) - 2 G, 0 A, 4 SOG, 15:55 TOI
- Matt Read (PHI) - 1 G, 1 A, 4 SOG, Plus-1
- Mark Streit (PHI) - 1 G, 0 A, 1 SOG, Plus-1
- The Capitals struck in the second period when Steve Mason couldn't handle the puck in front of the net and Alex Ovechkin for the first score of the game.
- Jake Voracek responded just 58 seconds later to tie the game 1-1 for the Flyers.
- Four minutes later, Eric Fehr gave the Capitals a 2-1 lead with his fifth goal of the year.
- Matt Read tied it up for the Flyers with just under nine minutes remaining in the second period.
- A scary moment in the second when Brayden Schenn was boarded by rookie Tom Wilson who received a five-minute major for charging and a game misconduct.
- Mark Streit's blast on the power play put the Flyers up 3-2.
- Just over a minute later and still on the power play, Jake Voracek's wrist-shot beat a screened Braden Holtby to give the Flyers a 4-2 lead.
- In the third period, Wayne Simmonds broke his 10-game goalless drought with his sixth goal of the year to make it 5-2 Flyers.
- Steve Mason stopped 24 of the 26 shots fired his way.
- The Flyers out-shot the Capitals 35-26, including 12-5 in their dominant second period.
- Read's goal was his 10th of the season breaking a tie with Vinny Lecavalier for the team lead.
- Philadelphia went 2-for-5 on the power play while Washington was 1-for-2 on the man-advantage.
- The Flyers had 11 giveaways to just four for the Capitals.
- The win moves the Flyers back to .500 at 15-15-4.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports