PHI 1-0 - 13:11 - Luke Schenn (2) - None
PIT 1-1 - 2:59 - Chris Kunitz (14) - SH - None
PIT 2-1 - 2:01 - Beau Bennett (3) - Evgeni Malkin (32), Nick Spaling (13)
PHI 2-2 - 4:02 - Chris VandeVelde (6) - Michael Del Zotto (11), Vincent Lecavalier (7)
PHI 3-2 - 3:57 - Claude Giroux (15) - PPG - Jakub Voracek (39), Mark Streit (27)
2 Goals Allowed
- The Flyers out-shot the Penguins 40-35 despite getting out-shot 17-3 in the first period.
- Philadelphia was 1-for-6 on the power play, capitalizing in overtime, while Pittsburgh was 0-for-6 on the man advantage.
- Chris VandeVelde has scored in three consecutive games. He had just one goal in his career entering the season.
- VandeVelde has four goals and one assists for five points in the last six games.
- Claude Giroux recorded his fourth career game-winning goal against the Penguins.
- Zac Rinaldo got a game misconduct for a boarding major on Kris Letang. Letang did not return to the game following the hit.
- Jakub Voracek recorded his second career NHL fight and racked up 17 penalty minutes - he had 30 total entering tonight.
- There were eight fighting majors in the game and the Flyers alone posted 59 penalty minutes, their most since getting 99 in a November 1st, 2013 loss to the Washington Capitals.
- Voracek, Luke Schenn, Pierre-Edouard Bellemare and Michael Raffl all recorded fighting majors for the Flyers.
- Giroux led all Flyers with 24:27 of ice time while Paul Martin led all skaters at 32:49.
- The Flyers have won six consecutive games against the Penguins outscoring them 22-12.