Final (OT): Hurricanes 2 - Flyers 1
- Manny Malholtra (CAR) - 1 G, 0 A, 2 SOG, Plus-2
- Justin Peters (CAR) - 28 Saves, 1 GA, .966 SV%
- Steve Mason (PHI) - 36 Saves, 2 GA, .947 SV%
- The Flyers had an opportunity shorthanded in the first period when Sean Couturier and Matt Read went in on a two-on-one when Read fed Couturier who missed the wide-open net by hitting the far post.
- The Flyers out-shot the Hurricanes 13-10 in the first period but Carolina ended up out-shooting Philadelphia overall 38-29.
- The two teams were so even through two periods that they were tied 0-0 and shots were even at 22 apiece.
- Scott Hartnell got the Flyers on the board with 3:58 remaining in the third period by redirecting a Kimmo Timonen point shot on the power play.
- The goal was Hartnell's first point of the season and the assist was Timonen's first point.
- Claude Giroux also got an assist on Hartnell's goal.
- Carolina tied the game with 52.3 second remaining in the third when Eric Staal found Jordan Staal in front who's shot beat Mason.
- Mark Streit was stripped off the puck in overtime and Manny Malholtra beat Steve Mason on the breakaway to give the Hurricanes a 2-1 overtime victory.
- The Flyers went 1-for-4 on the power play while the Hurricanes went 0-for-4.
- Both teams had 35 hits and 10 giveaways.
- The Hurricanes had 18 takeaways to the Flyers' four.
- Nick Grossmann had a team-high eight hits.
- The win snaps a five-game losing streak for Carolina.
The Flyers take on the New Jersey Devils on Thursday at the Wells Fargo Center. Puck drop is slated for 7:00 pm.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports