PHI 1-0 - 3:39 - Michael Raffl (1) -Claude Giroux (2), Jakub Voracek (3)
PHI 2-0 - 3:57 - Wayne Simmonds (3) - Brayden Schenn (1), Michael Del Zotto (1)
PHI 3-0 - 0:55 - Wayne Simmonds (4) - (PPG) - Vinny Lecavalier (2), Mark Streit (3)
MON 1-3 - 7:05 - Andrei Markov (1) - Brendan Gallagher (1), P.K. Subban (1)
MON 2-3 - 9:12 - Tomas Plekanec (4) - P.A. Parenteau (3), Andrei Markov (1)
MON 3-3 - 14:40 - Alex Galchenyuk (1) - Tomas Plekanec (1), Andrei Markov (2)
3 Goals Allowed
- Michael Raffl's goal in the first period gave the Flyers their first lead of the season.
- The Canadiens out-shot the Flyers 38-32 including 19-4 in the crucial third period.
- P.A. Parenteau's shootout winner was his fifth career game-winning shootout goal.
- The Flyers went 1-for-5 on the power play while the Canadiens were 0-for-3 on the man advantage.
- Montreal held the slight edge in faceoffs (27-26) and hits (30-28).
- Philadelphia was credited with 16 giveaways compared to just seven for Montreal.
- Wayne Simmonds didn't score his fourth goal of the season last year in game No. 22 and he went on to score a career-high 29 goals. He has four through three games this season.
- Mark Streit's slap shot in the first period hit Vinny Lecavalier in the foot. Lecavalier was in a walking boot after the game.
- Andrew MacDonald led all Flyers in ice time at 28:01 while Nick Schultz, who is in the lineup for Braydon Coburn, played 23:37 and blocked a team-high seven shots.
- Michael Del Zotto and Zac Rinaldo both led the Flyers with four hits apiece.