Final: Flyers 2 - Canadiens 1
- Claude Giroux (PHI) - 1 G, 1 A, 4 SOG, Plus-2
- Michael Raffl (PHI) - 1 G, 0 A, 3 SOG, Plus-1
- Steve Mason (PHI) - 20 Saves, 1 GA, .952 SV%
- For the fourth straight game the Flyers struck first on Michael Raffl's second goal of the season.
- Midway through the second period Claude Giroux's blast beat Carey Price to put the Flyers up 2-0.
- With about just under four minutes remaining in the second period, Steve Downie caught an elbow to the head courtesy of Alexei Emelin.
- Emelin was issued a five-minute major and a game misconduct but the Canadiens were able to kill off the full power play.
- With 55.1 seconds remaining in the game and an extra attacker out there, Alex Galchenyuk beat Steve Mason to make it a 2-1 game.
- The Flyers went on to win but there was a major scrum in front of the Flyers net with Steve Mason pushing Brian Gionta and Brendan Gallagher then dumped Mason. Matt Read dropped the gloves with Gallagher before being separated.
- The Flyers out-shot the Canadiens 27-21 while registering nine shots in each period.
- Philadelphia was 0-for-3 on the power play while Montreal was 0-for-1 on the man advantage.
- The Flyers' dads were in attendance for tonight's game and will be in Washington on Sunday.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports