Final: Flyers 5 - Panthers 2
- Claude Giroux (PHI) - 2 G, 0 A, 5 SOG, Plus-1
- Vinny Lecavalier (PHI) - 1 G, 1 A, 4 SOG, Plus-2
- Sean Couturier (PHI) - 1 G, 0 A, 2 SOG, 19:04 TOI
- The Flyers struck first in the second period when Adam Hall jumped on a Florida turnover. Hall's shot was stopped but Vinny Lecavalier scored on the ensuing rebound.
- Four and a half minutes late Claude Giroux came in on the rush and beat Dan Ellis on a nasty wrist shot to give the Flyers a 2-0 lead.
- Two minutes later, Giroux got a beautiful pass from Mark Streit and beat Ellis on a one-timer to make it 3-0 Flyers.
- Sean Couturier broke his 17-game goal drought when he scored his 11th goal of the year late in the second period.
- The third period things changed quickly as Florida got a goal from Erik Gudbranson just 1:14 into the third period.
- Jonathan Huberdeau jumped on a loose puck in the neutral zone and went 1-on-1 with Mark Streit then beat Steve Mason on a somewhat weak goal to make it 4-2 as Florida started buzzing.
- The Flyers ended all hopes of a comeback when Lecavalier found Tye McGinn on a gorgeous pass and McGinn beat Ellis to make it 5-2 with 4:54 remaining.
- The win clinches a playoff spot for the Flyers for the first time since 2012.
- The Panthers outshot the Flyers 40-27 including 16-3 in the third period.
- Philadelphia went 0-for-3 on the power play while Florida went 0-for-1 on the man-advantage.
- The Flyers are now 20-2-1 when Giroux scores a goal and 33-14-3 when he registers a point.
- It is the Flyers third consecutive 5-2 final score.
- Lecavalier's goal was his 20th of the year giving the Flyers an NHL-high seven 20-goal scorers.
- Philadelphia has not allowed a power play goal on the road since February 3rd in San Jose.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports