Final: Flyers 2 - Panthers 1
- Steve Mason (PHI) - 33 Saves, 1 GA, .971 SV%
- Brayden Schenn (PHI) - 1 G, 0 A, 4 SOG, Plus-1
- Braydon Coburn (PHI) - 1 G, 0 A, 3 SOG, 2 Blocked Shots
- Brayden Schenn got the Flyers on the board in the first period on a fluky goal after Jake Voracek's shot went wide and bounced off the boards to Schenn who beat Tim Thomas.
- The Flyers got their first multi-goal game just two and a half minutes later when Braydon Coburn beat Thomas to put the Flyers up 2-0.
- Thomas left the game with a lower-body injury after facing just five shots and allowing two goals.
- Florida got on the board with just under seven second left in the second period on Brad Boyes first point this season.
- Vinny Lecavalier got an assist on Schenn's goal meaning he has recorded a point in three of the Flyers' first four games.
- Jay Rosehill was given a double-minor and 10 minute misconduct for roughing in just three minutes into the third period.
- Max Talbot recorded five shots on goal.
- Scott Hartnell was hit hard into the boards in the third period by Erik Gudbranson who was issued a five-minute major for boarding and a game misconduct.
- D Andrej Meszaro led all Flyers with 21:31 of ice time.
- Both the Flyers and the Panthers went 0-for-5 on the power play.
The Flyers take on the Phoenix Coyotes on Friday at the Wells Fargo Center. Puck drop is slated for 7:00 pm.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports