Final: Flyers 4 - Sabres 1
- Matt Read (PHI) - 2 G, 0 A, 2 SOG, Plus-2
- Ray Emery (PHI) - 29 Saves, 1 GA, .967 SV%
- Vinny Lecavalier (PHI) - 1 G, 0 A, 6 SOG, 18:07 TOI
- The Flyers came out fast winning races to the puck and getting shots on goal but that al changed midway through the first period.
- With the Flyers on a 5-on-3 late in the first period, the Sabres killed the first penalty then drew a Mark Streit high-sticking to make it 4-on-4 later becoming a power play.
- After a scramble in front of the net on the power play, Tyler Myers finally got the puck across the goal line to give Buffalo a 1-0 lead. With that goal, they are only being outscored 31-5 in the first period now.
- Scott Hartnell took a double-minor high-sticking penalty 1:27 into the third period but the Flyers killed that penalty and used it as a momentum swing.
- Matt Read would score his fifth goal of the year on a beautiful feed from Steve Downie with less than six minutes remaining to tie the game.
- Just 1:40 later, Matt Read would get the puck all alone in front of Ryan Miller and patiently deposited it top-shelf for his second goal of the night which gave the Flyers a 2-1 lead.
- After a couple of bizarre penalty calls, the Flyers ended up on a 4-on-3 power play where Mark Streit fed Vinny Lecavalier for a blast that hit the back of the net and came out just fast as it went in to give the Flyers a 3-1 lead.
- Scott Hartnell added an empty-netter to make it 4-1.
- The Flyers were 1-for-8 on the power play while the Sabres went 1-for-5 on the man-advantage.
- Kimmo Timonen led all Flyers with 24:18 of ice time while Claude Giroux led all forwards with 22:46 TOI.
- The Flyers out-shot the Sabres in every period including an incredible 19-7 in the second period to out-shot them 45-30 for the game.
- The Flyers have now registered a point in each of their last six games and are 5-0-1 over that span.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports