Final: Flyers 5 - Islanders 2
- Matt Read (PHI) - 2 G, 0 A, 4 SOG, Plus-2
- Claude Giroux (PHI) - 1 G, 1 A, 2 SOG, Plus-1
- Wayne Simmonds (PHI) - 1 G, 1 A, 3 SOG, 16:23 TOI
- After a scoreless first period, the Flyers struck 46 seconds into the second with Matt Read's seventh goal of the season.
- Wayne Simmonds struck 59 seconds later to give the Flyers a 2-0 lead.
- Two minutes after Simmonds gave the Flyers a cushion, Claude Giroux scored on the power play to put the Flyers up 3-0.
- The goal marked the sixth straight game in which the Flyers have scored on the power play going 7-for-22 (31.8%) over that stretch.
- John Tavares would score his 10th of the year before the end of the period to end the shutout.
- Tavares' goal snapped a streak of 345:39 the Flyers went without allowing an even-strength goal dating back to the third period of their November 9th game against the Edmonton Oilers.
- Eric Boulton would make it 3-2 just two and a half minutes into the third period.
- Brayden Schenn would give the Flyers an insurance goal with his seventh of the year with seven and a half minutes remaining.
- Read added an empty-netter for his eighth goal of the season tying him with Vinny Lecavalier for the team-lead.
- The Islanders out-shot the Flyers 38-30, including 15-8 in the final period.
- The Flyers went 1-for-3 on the power play while New York went 0-for-3 on the man-advantage.
- The win gives the Flyers a point in each of the last seven games going 6-0-1 over that stretch and improving to .500 at 10-10-2.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports