Final: Flyers 4 - Rangers 2
- Wayne Simmonds (PHI) - 1 G, 1 A, 3 SOG, Even
- Kimmo Timonen (PHI) - 0 G, 2 A, 2 SOG, Plus-1
- Chris Kreider (NYR) - 1 G, 0 A, 2 SOG, 15:10 TOI
- The Flyers struck first just over seven minutes into the first period after Vinny Lecavalier tipped a Wayne Simmonds shot.
- It was Lecavalier's 899th NHL point.
- They would take a 2-0 lead just 1:06 later when Matt Read found a streaking Sean Couturier, who took it in on Henrik Lundqvist and beat the sprawling goaltender top shelf.
- The assist was Read's 100th point in the NHL.
- The Rangers would make it 2-1 in the second period when Chris Kreider redirected Rick Nash's shot past Steve Mason.
- With the Rangers on the power play, Derek Brassard walked in and blasted a shot that beat Steve Mason five-hole to tie the game.
- A minute and a half later, Wayne Simmonds had his pass blocked then he turned and ripped a shot past Lundqvist for the game-winning goal.
- It was Simmonds 10th power play goal of the season.
- With 3:45 remaining in the third period, Luke Schenn blasted home a rebound to make it 4-2 Flyers to give them some insurance.
- Rangers outshot the Flyers 35-31 but Philadelphia held the 14-8 shot advantage in the crucial third period.
- The Flyers are now 4-0-1 in games following a loss by four or more goals.
- The Rangers were 1-for-3 on the power play while the Flyers went 1-for-4 on the man advantage.
- The Flyers are now 4-1 at home against the Rangers over the last two seasons.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports