Final: Flyers 1 - Devils 0
- Ray Emery (PHI) - 14 Saves, 0 GA, 1.000 SV%
- Brayden Schenn (PHI) - 1 G, 0 A, 2 SOG, Plus- 1
- Martin Brodeur (NJD) - 20 Saves, 1 GA, .959 SV%
- Brayden Schenn registered his first career goal against the New Jersey Devils with five and a half minutes left in the first period.
- In addition to scoring, he also led the Flyers with three hits.
- Andrej Meszaros took the shot (pass?) that Schenn redirected. Wayne Simmonds also recorded an assist on the goal.
- Simmonds led all Flyers with four shots on goal.
- Matt Read registered three minor penalties in the first period.
- No Devil recorded more than two shots on goal.
- Both the Flyers and Devils were 0-for-5 on the power play.
- Braydon Coburn led all Flyers with 23:57 of ice time with Claude Giroux right behind him at 23:52.
- Philadelphia out-shot New Jersey 21-14.
- It was the Flyers' first shutout of the season.
- Luke Schenn and Erik Gustafsson were healthy scratches for Philadelphia.
The Flyers take on the Carolina Hurricanes on Tuesday at PNC Arena in Raleigh. Puck drop is slated for 7:30 pm.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports