Final: Flyers 5 - Red wings 0
- Scott Hartnell (PHI) - 2 G, 1 A, 5 SOG, Plus-2
- Claude Giroux (PHI) - 1 G, 2 A, 3 SOG, Plus-2
- Steve Mason (PHI) - 0 GA, 33 Saves, 1.000 SV%
- The Flyers got on the board in the first period with Scott Hartnell's power play goal, his 13th goal of the year.
- In the second period, Hartnell received a beautiful pass from Claude Giroux and beat Jonas Gustavsson to put the Flyers up 2-0.
- Adam Hall got his third goal of the year on a gorgeous backhand shot to put the Flyers up 3-0 through two periods.
- Hartnell returned the favor in the third period when he fed Giroux who ripped a wrist-shot at the net. Gustavsson got a piece of it but not enough as the Flyers went up 4-0.
- Sean Couturier would put the icing on the cake with his wrap-around shot for his ninth goal of the year.
- The Flyers went 1-for-2 on the power play while the Red Wings went 0-for-4 and only got three shots total on their first three power plays.
- The Red Wings outshot the Flyers 33-28 including 16-8 in the third period.
- The Flyers blocked 20 Detroit shots.
- It was the Flyers first shutout of Detroit since 2001 and all four Flyers shutouts of the Red Wings have been in Philadelphia.
- The Flyers have won eight consecutive home games against the Red Wings and haven't lost at home since January 25th, 1997.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports