Final: Flyers 5 - Sabres 2
- Brayden Schenn (PHI) - 2 G, 0 A, 5 SOG, Plus-1
- Mark Streit (PHI) - 0 G, 3 A, 1 SOG, Plus-2
- Matt Read (PHI) - 1 G, 1 A, 2 SOG, Plus-1
- The Flyers struck first with 6:30 remaining in the first period after a Buffalo Sabres turnover in their own zone put the puck on Mark Streit's stick. Streit's one-time blast rung off the post and caromed back into the slot to Matt Read who beat Sabres goaltender Nathan Lieuwen.
- It was the Flyers first lead since they led 2-1 early in the second period last Sunday against the Boston Bruins.
- Read is now just three goals away from his career-high of 24 goals set his rookie season in 2011-12.
- In the second period, Streit got the puck to Zac Rinaldo who ripped a wristshot past Lieuwen to give the Flyers a 2-0 lead 7:40 into the period.
- Just about seven minutes later, Streit wound up and ripped a slapshot that was re-directed by a diving Brayden Schenn to put the Flyers up 3-0.
- Under four minutes later, Steve Mason hit Jake Voracek on an outlet pass who dropped the puck to Vinny Lecavalier who ripped a wristshot top shelf to make it 4-0 Philadelphia.
- Four and a half minutes into the third period, Zac Rinaldo came across and hit Sbares defenseman Chad Ruhwedel square in the head. He was called for a five-minute major and issued a match-penalty.
- The Sabres went to work on the power play and 2:57 into the major, Cody Hodgson tipped a Christian Ehrhoff shot and it Mason to get the Sabres on the board.
- With 4:50 remaining in the third period, Wayne Simmonds sprung Schenn free on a breakaway after a gorgeous pass. Schenn deposited the puck topshelf for his second goal of the game and 20th of the season.
- With just over two minutes remaining, Sabres defenseman Mike Weber pushed Jay Rosehill into Lieuwen and drew the delayed penalty on Rosehill. On the ensuing rush, Hodgson found Weber who scored his first goal of the season to make it 5-2.
- Rinaldo will likely have a hearing and suspension for his hit.
- Christian Ehrhoff left the game late in the third period after taking a Scott Hartnell shot to the ear.
- For second straight game at home, the Flyers ripped 37 shots on goal while outshooting the Sabres 37-19 for the game.
- The Flyers went 1-for-4 on the power play while the Sabres went 1-for-6 on the man-advantage.
- Nick Grossmann (21:09) and Andrew MacDonald (20:39) were the only two Flyers to log over 20 minutes of ice time.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports