Final: Flyers 2 - Rangers 1
- Matt Read (PHI) - 1 G, 1 A, Plus-1, 1 SOG
- Steve Mason (PHI) - 30 Saves, 1 GA, .968 SV%
- Braydon Coburn (PHI) - 1 G, 0 A, 1 SOG, 3 Blocked Shots
- Matt Read got the Flyers on the board in the first period with a shorthanded goal in the first period.
- It was Read's first point of the season.
- With 1:04 remaining in the first period, Brad Richards took a shot from an impossible animal that hit Braydon Coburn's leg and beat Steve Mason.
- There was a scary moment with three minutes remaining in the second period when Benoit Pouliot checked Max Talbot head-first into the boards. Talbot was bloody, shaken up and needed help into the Flyers locker room. Pouliot was given a five-minute major for boarding, a game misconduct and will likely hear from Player Safety czar Brandan Shanahan.
- Following a scoreless second period, three minutes into the third period Braydon Coburn ripped a shot by Cam Talbot as Wayne Simmonds jumped in front of the goaltender to give the Flyers a 2-1 lead.
- Nicklas Grossman and Read got the assists on the tally.
- Wayne Simmonds beat down Brandon Mashinter in a second-period fight but Zac Rinaldo had it handed to him in a first-period fight with Derek Dorsett.
- The Rangers out-shot the Flyers 31-27.
- Brayden Schenn and Vinny Lecavalier led the Flyers with 4 shots apiece.
- The Flyers struggled again on the man-advantage as they went 0-for-4 on Thursday night.
- Coburn led all Flyers with 22:28 of ice time while Read led all forwards spending 22:12 on the ice.
The Flyers take on the New York Islanders on Saturday at the Nassau Coliseum. Puck drop is slated for 7:00 pm.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports