Final: Flyers 4 - Stars 2
- Wayne Simmonds (PHI) - 2 G, 0 A, 2 SOG, Plus-2
- Steve Mason (PHI) - 2 GA, 33 Saves, .943 SV%
- Jamie Benn (DAL) - 2 G, 0 A, 2 SOG, Plus-1
- The Flyers struck first when Mark Streit blasted a one-timer past Tim Thomas right off the faceoff from Claude Giroux.
- It was the 30th goal by a Flyers defenseman this season which is the first time the Flyers blue line has combined for 30 goals since 2009-10.
- Philadelphia would jumped up 2-0 when Wayne Simmonds scored his team-leading 13th power play goal of the season on a rebound after Thomas stopped Scott Hartnell from the slot.
- Dallas would cut the lead in half on Jamie Benn's power play goal after the Flyers killed off a two-man advantage.
- Simmonds made it 3-1 in the third period when he ripped a wrist-shot from the slot that beat Thomas.
- Once again, Benn responded for Dallas when his shot was stopped by Mason but hit the backboards and bounced in to make it 3-2.
- The Flyers got an insurance goal with just over three minutes remaining on a gorgeous backhand shot to make it 4-2.
- Claude Giroux extended his points streak to five games with one goal and seven assists in that span.
- The Flyers are 30-12-3 when Giroux registers a point and have won 14-straight games when Giroux is on the scoresheet.
- The Flyers snapped a nine-game streak of registering 30 shots or more as they only got 29 shots on net.
- Philadelphia scored in the third period for the first time in four games.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports