Final: Lightning 4 - Flyers 2
- Anders Lindback (TAM) - 2 GA, 34 Saves, .944 SV%
- Tyler Johnson (TAM) - 1 G, 1 A, 2 SOG, Plus-2
- Eric Brewer (TAM) - 1 G, 0 A, 2 SOG, Plus-3
- The Lightning struck quickly. After a Flyers turnover in the neutral zone, Steven Stamkos slide a nice cross-ice pass to Tyler Johnson who beat Ray Emery on a nice slap shot exactly two minutes into the game.
- The Flyers were buzzing in the second period but Anders Lindback seemed to have an answer. With just over a minute remaining in the period and the Flyers on the power play, Claude Giroux worked the puck down to Wayne Simmonds who beat Lindback on a turnaround shot to tie the game.
- It was Simmonds' 27th goal of the year which ties him with Giroux for the team-lead. Simmonds and Giroux are both one goal away from tying their career-highs with 28 goals - both set back in 2011-12.
- In the third period, Richard Panik had his first backhand attempt blocked but got the puck back and worked it to the slot when he ripped a backhand past Emery to make it 2-1 Lightning.
- The Lightning worked the puck around when Johnson circled around the Flyers net and hit a streaking Eric Brewer who ripped a one-timer past Emery to give Tampa a two-goal lead.
- Philadelphia got one back when Sean Couturier's centering pass hit a stick in front and ended u in the back of the net.
- Tampa iced the game late in the game on the power play when Valtteri Filppula's shot hit off the back boards and onto Steven Stamkos' stick and the Lightning captain scored from an impossible angle.
- Stamkos' goal was the first power play goal allowed on the road since February 3rd against the Sharks snapping a streak of 22 straight shorthanded situations.
- The Flyers and Lightning both went 1-for-3 on the power play.
- Philadelphia outshot Tampa Bay 36-30.
- Giroux's assist gives him 82 points on the season through 80 games.
- The loss coupled with the Rangers victory over the Sabres locks New York into second place in the Metropolitan Division.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports