Final - OT: Flyers 5 - Capitals 4
- Claude Giroux (PHI) - 2 G, 1 A, 5 SOG, Minus-1
- Vinny Lecavalier (PHI) - 1 G, 0 A, 3 SOG, Even
- Dmitry Orlov (WSH) - 2 G, 0 A, 2 SOG, Plus-2
- The Capitals struck when Dmitry Orlov blast a slap shot by Steve Mason just six minutes into the first period.
- The Flyers would tie when Claude Giroux ripped a slap-shot top shelf that hit the back of the net and came out so fast they needed to review it.
- Washington took a 2-1 lead to the locker rooms when Marcus Johansson out-muscled Nick Grossmann in front of the and received a great pass from Jason Chimera.
- After an Alex Ovechkin turnover behind his own net on the power play, Sean Couturier fed Adam Hall in the slot and Hall blasted home his fourth goal of the year to tie the game 2-2 while shorthanded.
- On the same power play, Joel Ward had a beautiful no-look pass to Jay Beagle who beat Mason to make it 3-2 Capitals.
- Two and a half minutes later, Orlov blasted home his second goal of the game, and third of the season, to make it 4-2 after two periods.
- After Orlov issued a five-minute major for boarding, the Flyers went to work on the power play when Jake Voracek let loose a slap-shot that beat Braden Holtby to make it 4-3.
- With time running out and the goaltender pulled, the Flyers worked the puck to Voracek who had his shot redirected in front by Giroux to tie the game with 1:05 remaining.
- In overtime, the Flyers pushed up on the rush when Kimmo Timonen dropped the puck for Vinny Lecavalier who beat Holtby to give the Flyers the 5-4 victory.
- The Flyers outshot the Capitals 36-29 including 30-12 after the first period and 16-3 in the third period and overtime.
- It was the 11th win of the season for the Flyers when they trailed at some point in the third period furthering their franchise record.
- The Flyers are now 7-17-3 when trailing after two periods and their seven wins are tied with the Islanders for the most in the NHL when trailing after two periods.
- With his two goals and an assist, it was the fourth game this season Giroux has recorded three or more points.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports