Final: Flyers 6 - Red Wings 3
- Sean Couturier (PHI) - 2 G, 2 A, 3 SOG, Plus-3
- Matt Read (PHI) - 1 G, 2 A, 3 SOG, Plus-2
- Tomas Tatar (DET) - 2 G, 0 A, 6 SOG, 16:14 TOI
- Detroit struck first after a Flyers defensive breakdown for Tomas Tatar's fourth of the season.
- The Flyers struck right back in the first period when Steve Downie beat a screened Jimmy Howard on the power play.
- The Red Wings took a 2-1 lead on a Johan Franzen blast that beat Steve Mason.
- They would strike again on a 5-on-3 power play with Tatar's second of the night to put Detroit up 3-1.
- After the Flyers killed off another penalty, Matt Read cut the Detroit lead in half with his ninth goal of the year on a patient shot that beat Howard.
- The Red Wings had a power play carry-over into the third period but it was all Flyers.
- The Flyers tied the game on Claude Giroux's wrist shot from the faceoff circle.
- Sean Couturier would redirect a Downie pass past Howard to make it 4-3.
- Exactly 90 seconds later, Scott Hartnell's one-timer beat Howard to put the Flyers up 5-3.
- Couturier added an empty-netter for the 6-3 final.
- It was Sean Couturier's first career four-point regular season game.
- The Flyers scored four third period goals and five unanswered goals.
- Entering tonight the Flyers were 0-9-1 when trailing after two periods and 1-10-1 when allowing the opponent to score first.
- The Flyers were whistled for all five penalties called in the second period giving Detroit two 5-on-3 power plays.
- Philadelphia went 3-for-3 on the power play while Detroit was 1-for-7.
- The Red Wings out-shot the Flyers 35-34.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports