Last Game: Loss - SO, 6-5 v. Hurricanes (Sun. April 13th)
Last Game's Top Performer: Wayne Simmonds - 2 G, 0 A, 6 SOG, Plus-2
- The Flyers are 6-4 in playoff series all-time against the Rangers having won the last three dating back to 1987.
- Philadelphia is 32-36 all-time in Game 1 and 4-9 since 2005-06. The Flyers are 3-1 in series in which they win Game 1 but 4-5 when they lose Game 1 dating back to 2005-06.
- The Flyers have not scored more than two goals at Madison Square Garden in each of their last eight visits and in 14 of their last 17.
- Philadelphia is 3-0 and Madison Square Garden when Claude Giroux scores but 1-12 when he does not.
- The Flyers are 118-114-37-7 all-time against the Rangers and 51-61-23-3 all-time in New York but have not won at Madison Square Garden since February 20th, 2011.
- Philadelphia has gone 38-20-9 for 85 points since November 8th, the third best record in the East behind Boston and Pittsburgh in that span.
Last Game: Loss - OT, 1-0 v. Canadiens (Sat. April 12th)
Last Game's Top Performer: Cam Talbot - 1 GA, 26 Saves, .963 SV%
- The Rangers are 213-233-8 all-time in the playoffs and 120-89-2 at home.
- New York is 44-49-5 all-time in Game 1 of a series.
- The Rangers are 32-12 all-time in playoff series when winning Game 1.
- New York is a strong 21-6 in playoff series in which they won Game 1 at home.
- The Rangers are 121-111-37-7 all-time against the Flyers and 64-47-23-4 against Philadelphia at Madison Square Garden.
- New York has won their last eight home games against the Flyers going back to March 6th, 2011 while outscoring Philadelphia 31-9 during the streak.
9-12-2, 2.96 GAA, .903 SV%
Emery, 31, allowed two goals on 14 shots against the Pitsburgh Penguins on Saturday after coming into the game in relief of Steve Mason. Emery got the win in overtime. He started the month of April by shutting out the St. Louis Blues before losing in a shootout. In 10 career games against the Rangers, Emery is 7-2-0 with a 1.87 GAA and a .936 SV%.
33-24-5, 2.36 GAA, .920 SV%
Lundqvist, 32, played well down the stretch for the Rangers allowing just one goal in each of his last two starts against the Sabres and Hurricanes. He posted a 2.14 GAA and a .934 SV% in 12 games in the 2013 playoffs. In 45 career starts against the Flyers, Lundqvist is 27-13-3 with a 2.49 GAA and a .916 SV%.