Flyers @ Rangers
Last Game: Win, 2-1 v Rangers (Fri. April 25th)
Last Game's Top Performer: Steve Mason - 1 GA, 37 Saves, .974 SV%
- The Flyers are 6-4 in playoff series all-time against the Rangers having won the last three dating back to 1987.
- Philadelphia is 5-1 in seven-game series against the Rangers.
- The Flyers have won the last two series with the Rangers when they have split the first two games.
- Philadelphia is 125-85 all-time in the playoffs on home ice.
- The Flyers are 34-35 all-time in Game 5 and 12-9 all-time in Game 5 when the series is tied 2-2.
- Philadelphia is a strong 27-7 in series when winning Game 5 but 8-17 when losing Game 5.
Last Game: Loss, 2-1 @ Flyers (Fri. April 25th)
Last Game's Top Performer: Dominic Moore - 1 G, 0 A, 1 SOG, Plus-1
- The Rangers are 215-235-8 all-time in the playoffs.
- New York has won seven of their last eight playoff series when they have had home-ice advantage.
- The Rangers are 8-4 over their last 12 series when they have split the first two games.
- New York is 32-12 all-time is series when they win Game 1 and 21-6 when they win Game 1 at home.
- The Rangers lead all playoff teams averaging 24.2 shots on goal per game.
- New York is 22-29 all-time against the Flyers in the playoffs.
33-24-5, 2.36 GAA, .920 SV%
Lundqvist, 32, played well on Friday night allowing just two goals on 25 shots against the Flyers in the 2-1 Game 4 loss. Lundqvist has a 1.76 GAA and a .927 SV% so far in the series. He posted a 2.14 GAA and a .934 SV% in 12 games in the 2013 playoffs. In 48 career starts against the Flyers, Lundqvist is 28-15-3.
33-18-7, 2.50 GAA, .917 SV%
Mason, 25, was spectacular in his first start of the playoffs on Friday night. he stopped 37 of 38 shots fired his way and shut the Rangers out in the second and third periods to help the Flyers secure the 2-1 victory to even the series. He has stopped 40 out of 41 shots he has faced in the playoffs. In eight career games against the Rangers, Mason is 5-1-1.