Phillies @ Dodgers
Place: 3rd in NL East
Last 10: 6-4
- The Phillies are 15-8 in their last 23 games in Los Angeles including the postseason.
- Ben Revere had a good night at the plate last night going 4-for-5 with a run scored and his sixth stolen base of the year.
- Domonic Brown went 1-for-4 with an RBI double in the top of the 10th inning that drove in the winning run for the Phillies.
- Carlos Ruiz went 1-for-4 with a triple and reached base in the 10th inning on an error by Carl Crawford. Ruiz would score on Brown's double.
- Ryan Howard went 1-for-4 with his 13th RBI of the season.
Place: 1st in NL West
Last 10: 5-5
- Adrian Gonzalez saw his hitting streak end at 16 games last night going 0-for-3 with a walk.
- Dee Gordon went 2-for-3 with a double, a run scored and two stolen bases.
- Yasiel Puig had a decent night at the plate going 2-for-5 with a double.
- Tim Federowicz recorded a hit for the second straight night going 1-for-4 with a double and a run scored.
- The Dodgers went 1-for-8 with runners in scoring position and left seven runners on base.
0-0, 0.00 ERA, 0.00 WHIP
Hamels, 30, is making his season debut tonight after missing the first 20 games of the season with biceps tendinitis that pushed back his throwing routine in the offseason. In seven career starts against the Dodgers, Hamels is 3-1 with a 1.76 ERA and a 0.88 WHIP with one complete game shutout. In two career starts at Dodger Stadium, Hamels is 1-0 with a 1.13 ERA, a 0.75 WHIP and a complete game shutout.
3-0, 2.42 ERA, 1.03 WHIP
Greinke, 30, allowed one run on three hits with two walks and eight strikeouts over six innings Friday against the Diamondbacks. It was Greinke's first start of the year that the Doders lost. In five career games (four starts) against the Phillies, Greinke is 3-1 with a 2.45 ERA and a 1.02 WHIP. In 17 career starts at Dodger Stadium, he is 10-2 with a 2.10 ERA and a 0.95 WHIP.