Phillies @ Diamondbacks
Place: 4th in NL East
Last 10: 6-4
- Carlos Ruiz went 3-for-4 with an RBI and two runs scored.
- Tony Gwynn hit a pinch-hit double in the seventh that drove in Carlos Ruiz. Gwynn would score a run himself.
- Cody Asche hit a pinch-hit double in the eighth that drove in two runs to tie the game 5-5.
- Ben Revere went 2-for-5 with the go-ahead RBI in the eighth inning and his eighth stolen base of the season.
- Domonic Brown went 2-for-5 with a run scored.
- The Phillies went 6-for-14 with runners in scoring position and left 11 men on base.
Place: 5th in NL West
Last 10: 4-6
- A.J. Pollock had a strong game going 3-for-5 with a double, a triple, an RBI and a run scored.
- Cody Ross went 2-for-4 with three RBIs.
- Aaron Hill continued to torch the Phillies going 2-for-3 with a double, a walk and a run scored.
- Chris Owings went 1-for-3 with a walk and a run scored.
- The Diamondbacks went 3-for-10 with runners in scoring position and left eight runners on base.
0-1, 2.73 ERA, 1.45 WHIP
Burnett, 37, allowed two runs on six hits with one walks and five strikeouts in 6.2 innings pitched on Tuesday getting the no-decision. He also went 3-for-3 at the plate with a run scored. In six career starts against the Diamondbacks, Burnett is 3-3 with a 4.93 ERA and a 1.62 WHIP. In four career starts at Chase Field, he is 2-2 with a 7.17 ERA and a 2.11 WHIP.
0-4, 6.23 ERA, 1.48 WHIP
McCarthy, 30, allowed five runs (one earned) on seven hits with two walks and six strikeouts in five innings pitched in a 9-2 loss to the Cubs on Tuesday. He lost all four of his April starts. In one career game against the Phillies, McCarthy threw eight shutout innings allowing seven hits with no walks and five strikeouts. He got the no-decision. In 15 games at Chase Field, he is 3-7 with a 4.32 ERA and a 1.26 WHIP.