Phillies v. Nationals
Place: 4th in NL East
Last 10: 6-4
- The Phillies are 4-3 against the National League East this season.
- Philadelphia has played one game since their 2-0 over the Diamondbacks on Sunday.
- The Phillies bullpen has a 4.84 ERA this season.
- Last time out against the Mets on Tuesday, Marlon Byrd was the Phillies offense going 1-for-4 with a solo home run in the fourth inning.
- The Phillies were 0-for-3 with runners in scoring position and left six men on base.
Place: 2nd in NL East
Last 10: 6-4
- The Nationals are 13-1 when scoring four or more runs but 3-11 when failing to do so.
- Jayson Werth returns to Philadelphia sporting an eight-game hitting streak.
- Werth is 10-for-28 with two home runs in his career against Cliff Lee.
- Tonight marks the return of Kevin Frandsen to Philadelphia. Frandsen led the National League in pinch-hits last season as a member of the Phillies.
- Washington ranks eighth in the Majors in runs scored with 126.
2-2, 4.24 ERA, 1.41 WHIP
Strasburg, 25, threw seven shutout innings allowing seven hits and two walks with 11 strikeouts in last Friday's 11-1 win over the Padres. In six career starts against the Phillies, Strasburg is 2-1 with a 2.65 ERA and a 0.78 WHIP with the only complete game, shutout of his career. In two career starts at Citizens Bank Park, he is 0-0 with a 0.87 ERA and a 0.58 WHIP.
3-2, 3.29 ERA, 1.37 WHIP
Lee, 35, allowed five runs (three earned) on eight hits with two walks and two strikeouts in six innings of work in the Phillies 6-5 win over Diamondbacks on Saturday. In 11 career starts against the Nationals, Lee is 6-4 with a 2.87 ERA and a 1.12 WHIP. In 54 career starts at Citizens Bank Park, he is 23-18 with a 2.80 ERA and a 1.06 WHIP.