Phillies v. Nationals
Place: 5th in NL East
Last 10: 6-4
- The Phillies are 4-4 against the National League East this season.
- Marlon Byrd went 2-for-4 with a three-run home run in the bottom of the first inning last night.
- Cody Asche had a good night at the plate going 2-for-4 with a double.
- Chase Utley continued his solid season going 2-for-4 with a run scored.
- Ryan Howard went 1-for-4 with a run scored as well.
- The Phillies went 1-for-9 with runners in scoring position and left six men on base.
Place: 2nd in NL East
Last 10: 6-4
- The Nationals are 14-1 when scoring four or more runs but 3-11 when failing to do so.
- Tyler Moore went 2-for-4 with a home run and two runs scored.
- Jayson Werth extended his hit streak to nine games going 3-for-4 with a walk and a run scored.
- Denard Span went 1-for-5 with a double, a run scored and an RBI.
- Ian Desmond went 1-for-5 with an RBI double in the eighth inning.
- The Nationals went 3-for-11 with runners in scoring position and left nine runners on base.
2-0, 2.76 ERA, 1.16 WHIP
Roark, 26, threw a complete game shutout allowing three hits and one walk with eight strikeouts on Saturday against the Padres. Roark has not allowed a run in each of his last two starts. Roark has pitched in one game against the Phillies throwing two scoreless innings and getting the win. He has never pitched at Citizens Bank Park.
1-1, 2.15 ERA, 1.27 WHIP
Burnett, 37, threw eight shutout innings on Sunday allowing five hits with no walks and eight strikeouts against Arizona earning his first win as a Phillie. In 17 career games (16 starts) against the Nationals, Burnett is 8-3 with a 3.08 ERA and a 1.16 WHIP. In 10 career games (nine starts) at Citizens Bank Park, he is 3-3 with a 4.05 ERA and a 1.35 WHIP.