Phillies v. Nationals
Place: 4th in NL East
Last 10: 6-4
- The Phillies are 4-4 against the National League East this season.
- Jimmy Rollins had a big night at the plate last night going 4-for-5 with two runs scored.
- Ryan Howard went 1-for-4 with a three-run home run in the first inning.
- Marlon Byrd had a solid game going 2-for-4 with a double and two RBIs.
- Cody Asche went 1-for-4 with a solo home run in the second inning.
- Carlos Ruiz drove in a run going 1-for-4 with a double and an RBI.
- Domonic Brown also had a double going 1-for-4 with a run scored.
Place: 2nd in NL East
Last 10: 6-4
- The Nationals are 13-1 when scoring four or more runs but 3-11 when failing to do so.
- Adam LaRoche paced the Nationals offense going 2-for-2 with a solo home run, a double and a walk.
- Jayson Werth's nine-game hitting streak came to an end going 0-for-4.
- Ian Desmond was the only other Washington regular with a hit going 1-for-3 with a walk.
- Zach Walters hit a pinch-hit home run for the Nationals in the seventh.
3-1, 3.25 ERA, 1.14 WHIP
Gonzalez, 28, allowed three runs on five hits with two walks and nine strikeouts in six innings against the Astros on Tuesday getting the no-decision. In eight career starts against the Phillies, Gonzalez is 5-2 with a 2.66 ERA and a 1.15 WHIP. In six career starts at Citizens Bank Park, he is 4-1 with a 2.39 ERA and a 1.12 WHIP.
1-1, 5.74 ERA, 1.54 WHIP
Hernandez, 33, Hernandez threw 0.1 innings against the Mets on Tuesday night with one strikeout in the Phillies rainy loss. In two career starts against the Nationals, Hernandez is 1-1 with a 2.80 ERA and a 1.00 WHIP with one complete game. In four career games (three starts) at Citizens Bank Park, he is 0-1 with a 5.87 ERA and a 1.76 WHIP.